Bruised rib

Grayson/AJ after Vengeance Day

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Administrator

Status
    Aj hadn't had the time to think too much about the problem La had with his boyfriend since Elimination Chamber had taken his mind completely off the matter. Now that it was over and he was in his hotel room alone, waiting to fall asleep, he couldn't stop thinking about that.
    Shaun had always been a really good friend to him, but what if it wasn't the same for the American? Fuck, Aj didn't want to have to cope with all of that, not now that he was madly in love with Grayson. Why did it have to be him in that situation... After going back to the United States he absolutely had to sort that situation out, once and for all.

- Ehy Aj, I'm proud of you, you did so well out there! Too bad you didn't win, but I really enjoyed watching you. -

Aj couldn't help but smile at that message, he couldn't really understand how that guy had gone under his skin like that, until he eventually fell in love, but there they were.

- Thank you Grayson, you better focus on your match next week! I'm sure you'll win, I'll cheer up on you. -

Aj still wasn't sure if he had to tell him he would be in Orlando, he wasn't even sure he could make it, since all the travel he would already sustain from Saudi Arabia. No, that should be a surprise, before his match against La Knight, since Grayson's restraining order towards the American was blown off by the Australian himself, as he had attacked him.

When he had gone back to Gainesville he had had plenty of rest, no Raw the following morning, so he had the time to actually recover from the jet lag. It wasn't like he wasn't accostumed to it, he had been in Japan when he was having matches for the NJPW and the jet lag had surely been heavier there with so many hours of difference, which were more than the ones between USA and Saudi Arabia. That seven hours it took him to get to Orlando by car were probably the hardest ones: Aj's mind was way too busy thinking about something, or better, SOMEONE else. At least he didn't have any car accidents and there he finally was: the Performance Center was right in front of him, in all of its beauty. The Phenomenal looked at it with a nostalgic expression, a smile on his lips, while he finally opened the door and slid out of his seat. Now that he was there, he felt kind of nervous, but he was there to find Grayson and, hopefully, confront La Knight, but they had to be alone; Aj didn't really want the Australian to hear them, nor should anybody else.

After closing the car, AJ marched towards the entrance of the PC, his pass hanging around his neck, so noone would ask anything. Everyone there knew him, but he wasn't really meant to be there, to be backstage, but he could come up with some cheap excuses with security, if they would question. Noone knew he would be there, nor Grayson, neither La Knight and the probability to find one of them already there was high. AJ sighed as he pushed the backdoor open, looking around for a moment: he couldn't see anyone, probably they still had to come, or they were already in the locker rooms. The security wasn't there, they were probably getting ready to accept the fans in the building and that was good for him: he didn't have to find an excuse for him to be there, nor did he have to call Grayson to pick him up. The Phenomenal started to walk the corridor, looking around him and in each locker room he found open, even though he perfectly knew which one was Grayson's.

LA Knight had just gotten to the Performance Center, it was still early, but he liked to get there on time with his red car. That day he felt pretty good: he could finally put his hands on Grayson Waller and he couldn't ask for more. He wanted to let him pay everything he had done up until that moment and he would surely win their match, no matter what.
    As he entered the building, he waved at some fellow wrestlers, but stopped in his tracks as he saw someone who was more than just a friend to him. That shoulder-length hair were unmistakable for him, as he would recognise AJ Styles even between hundred people around him.

They had been friends for years and it was at least since two or three that La Knight was feeling something more than friendship towards the Georgian. He had never said anything, because he felt like admitting that would just cause their friendship to shatter to pieces, which he definitely didn't want to happen. Why was Allen there? He didn't recall getting a message that he would be there, backstage more than anything...
    His heart started pumping harder, as he walked faster to reach for Aj's hand. He didn't say a thing as he finally grabbed it and turn around, walking in the opposite direction where AJ was headed.

The Phenomenal didn't really care about trying to understand who it was: there was only one guy who would take his hand like that and that would be Grayson. He didn't pay attention to how different that hand felt, his mind was totally somewhere else, so he didn't struggle, nor did he try to get away from the grasp. He felt it had been easy to find him and the thought of their lips rubbing against each other for that good luck kiss made him happy. Fuck, the Grayson Waller Effect had really gotten way too much to him, but now they loved each other so much.
    He followed who he thought it was Grayson without saying anything, without opposing himself. It didn't take much before he was taken to a locker room and the door got slightly closed behind him; it was empty, they seemingly were the only ones there, but it was better, in that way they wouldn't break out their secret relationship.

La finally let him go as soon as the door closed a bit; when he finally turned to face Allen, he could see disbelief in his eyes. Damn, he had to admit that such an expression hurt: the other man was probably hoping to be there with Waller and La Knight hated that.
    Before the Georgian could say anything, La shoved him against the wall, trapping him with his arms at either side of his face. From Aj's body expressions, he could tell that he felt a bit unease at the moment.

"I want to talk to you, Allen. It's a serious thing." La was dead serious, while he respected AJ's space, even though his hands could be seen as a restraint.
    "Okay Shaun, but can't this talk wait?" AJ wasn't feeling nervous, he just wanted to find Grayson as soon as possible.
    "No, Allen, it can't wait anymore." La sighed for a moment and Aj could swear he saw a glimpse of loneliness in his eyes.
    "... Okay, go on then." AJ sighed briefly, clenching his first for a moment, as he waited for whatever the other had to say.
    "Allen… I…" LA felt so fragile, that would surely ruin everything, but he just couldn't keep his mouth shut. "It has been years since we got to know each other and, honestly, one or two years after I started falling in love with you." LA felt stupid: it was clearly too late for that now.
    "..." The Phenomenal didn't answer at first, totally taken aback from that confession. "Shaun, this is difficult for me… I always saw you only as a fr-"

AJ didn't have the time to finish the sentence, since he felt a tight grip on his wrists and lips closing on his, in a kiss. He widened his eyes: fuck, that wasn't good, he didn't want all of that. Now he felt guilty since he kissed someone else, without wanting to do so, though.
    He tried hard to break free from LA's grip, but the younger man was powerful and, before he could think about doing something else, the grip loosened itself as LA Knight fell onto the ground, massaging his jaw.
    As AJ looked around, he finally saw Grayson standing there, a killing gaze in his eyes, towering over LA, ready to punch him another time. His heart became heavy and missed one or two beats as he saw how hurt Grayson looked. Damn, that was all a misunderstanding, Grayson couldn't have come at the worst time, right? Fuck, AJ moved quickly and locked Grayson, stopping him from doing LA any more harm.

"Matt, stop! I… I know you're angry, but you have a match afterwards." AJ was concerned for his well-being too, of course.
    "..." Grayson let himself get locked by his boyfriend, all of that hurt, he had seen enough and it hurt like hell. "I saw more than I should have… you lied to me last week, didn't you?" He clenched his fists, trying to calm down, to not start crying in front of that motherfucker who LA was.
    "What…? No, I never lied! I was telling him he has only been a friend to me, nothing more." AJ tightened the grip on him, with the fear of losing him and he didn't want that. "Please Matt… trust me."

Grayson didn't answer: all hurt still so badly that he needed some time alone, he needed to beat the shit out of LA for putting his dirty lips on HIS boyfriend. He was almost sure that Shaun started it, but the thought that Aj didn't try to break free was still on his mind, rent free. Evading Aj's grip wasn't difficult, it didn't take him too much effort and his only goal was to punch LA another time, but he got, yet again, stopped by Allen. This time the Phenomenal's grip had more power, but Grayson didn't really have the will to fight back at that point; if he couldn't punish him there, then he would do it in the ring, where AJ couldn't interfere.
    Shaun had the time to get up and go out of the room, he left without a single word, without looking at either of them, but he was glad that AJ had helped and kept Grayson under control. His heart felt heavier as he went to his locker room, he spent much time preparing himself, getting in his gear, so that he could simply keep his mind off that kiss. Now he fully regretted it, not because of what AJ would think and not because of Grayson's reaction, he couldn't really care less, but because he had enjoyed it and wished he could get more.
    When AJ finally let Grayson go, the younger man sighed as he brought a hand between his hair: he just wanted to go away from there, but he knew he couldn't, he had a match coming up and if he didn't go get ready and speak with Sanga, he would totally be late.

"I have to go get ready... Enjoy the show from back here, or from my locker room, but don't you dare come out there."

Grayson's voice sounded way colder than he intended it to be, but AJ understood why it was like that. He didn't really know exactly how much he had seen or what he had thought, but that reaction was normal, even if it hurt him. AJ simply nodded, following him only to make sure that he didn't go searching for LA Knight. When they came at his locker room, AJ decided it was better to leave him alone with Sanga, so he waited with his back against the wall. Now that he was there all alone, the weight of what happened closed on him and he slowly sat on the floor, the face between his hands, already thinking that Grayson would hate him forever and wouldn't want to talk to him anymore. He sighed and decided to go to the cafeteria to take something to drink, to keep his mind off what happened before. The match would start in fifteen minutes, so he had plenty of time to sit there alone and drink some water, before standing by one of the screens. As he sat at one of the tables, he could hear the bantering far away from him, other wrestlers passing by, shooting a promo, or something else, but he couldn't care less.

"So at some point you'll pass me a steel chair, Sanga. I don't care if this will disqualify me, LA Knight has to learn a lesson."

Grayson had explained how he would take care of the match, it'd run more or less like it was intended to, but he wouldn't win, he would get disqualified for sure, while getting his revenge on that older guy. Sanga simply nodded without asking questions: he was being paid to be his "insurance policy" and had to do what Grayson said, so he would do it.

"And his opponent... Grayson Waller!"

AJ was looking at one of the screens in the corridor, sitting on a crate, arms crossed over his chest. He was feeling somewhat anxious as he watched Grayson making his entrance: he could feel the tension in the air all the way there, as Grayson and LA stood in front of each other in the ring. The match started smoothly, even though it was obvious that Grayson was too stiff and not really in the zone. AJ didn't know the script, how that match had been thought, but he was pretty sure that both of them were going out of that, with LA mainly trying to adjust to whatever Grayson was doing. Damn, maybe he should have told his boyfriend to not have that match, it was really dangerous in his state of mind. As Grayson made LA fall weirdly on the ring, AJ could only watch as Sanga slid a steel chair near Grayson, while the referee had his back towards them, to check on the older guy. The Georgian sighed and closed his eyes for a second, being able to imagine what the other wanted to do, without the need to properly watch it. Sanga springed onto the apron to distract the referee yet another time and Grayson was finally able to actuate his plan. As Shaun got up holding onto the ropes, the Australian hit him once on the back, making him fall on the second rope, before being hit at least two more times, before the referee actually saw him, recalled by the strange sound. The man motioned quickly for the bell to be played, while he tried to make Grayson back up and have him lower the steel chair.

"Here is your winner, as a result of a disqualification... LA Knight!"

Grayson heard it clearly, but it didn't matter to him, his gaze was focused on LA's back, as he more or less moved the referee gently out of the way, hitting LA one three more times before a too familiar music diffused in the air. If there was something Grayson truly hated, was not knowing where Dexter Lumis was and that was the case too. LA Knight smirked as he saw Grayson's eye widen, as the younger man turn around multiple times to try and find Lumis... It was enough of a distraction for him to take the steel chair off of his hands and hit him on the back exactly how Grayson previously did. AJ in the back watched as all the tantrum started in front of his eyes: he wanted to go out and help his boyfriend, he had been told he shouldn't dare doing it, but how could he simply stay there put? He paced around in the Gorilla zone, watching as Bron Breakker, the actual NXT Champion, went out too, probably to the aid of LA Knight, biting his lower lip. Grayson couldn't hate him more if he went out there, right?AJ waved to one of the show assistant to not play his music, as he finally made his way to the ring. He was welcomed with a huge roar from the crowd and normally he would stop to take it in, but he was focused on rescuing Grayson, no matter what it could cost him. As he slid into the ring, he took in the position of Dexter, who was now simply in a corner, watching as LA was about to hit Grayson with a last and powerful chair shot, Bron Breakker in the meantime was keeping Sanga busy, so Grayson was completely alone. Grayson, on the other hand, was trying to stand back up on his feet and LA was too focused on the younger man to see that he was there too. The decision was quick, as AJ reached both of them and shoved Grayson out of harm way, taking that last powerful chair shot directly on the ribs instead of his boyfriend. As the chair hit, his breath was knocked out, he fell hard on the ring, trying to soften the fall with his hands, but somehow he still hit it hard. Around him it felt like the whole world and time froze: LA lowered the steel chair in shock and disbelief, his hands shaking. Focused as he was on hitting that annoying brat, he hadn't seen AJ coming and he was quite sure that his music entrance wasn't hit. He got on his knees, determined on checking up on AJ, but was shoved away by a really angry Grayson.

"Don't you even dare to touch him!"

He yelled at him, getting on his knees to actually check on his boyfriend. Fuck, he had told him not to go out there, but AJ had been stubborn and still went out there. He helped him sit up slowly, noticing directly the pained expression which AJ made; he clenched his fists, trying to stay calm and composed, but the rage in his body was too overwhelming.

"Are you okay?" Of course AJ was in pain, but he wanted to be sure he could walk backstage, even with his help.

"My ribs ache, but I think I am good to walk backstage."

Grayson held the ropes for him, helping him to get out of the ring. They walked slowly backstage, at the Phenomenal's pace, keeping silent until they were alone, away from the crowd.

"We better get you checked by the Doc but seriously, you didn't need to come out." Grayson sighed, that act made him understand how much AJ loved him, but it had been dangerous.
    "After all what happened before and after watching the match do you really think I could stay back here and let LA beat you up? Damn Grayson, I love you so much, of course I had to come out and help, no matter what people will think or say about this." AJ stopped for a moment, the back leaning against a wall behind him.

"I am sorry I overreacted like that, but I couldn't stand the fact that he kissed you and he needed to learn his lesson." Grayson felt stupid, his jealousy was going out of hand.
    "You got yourself disqualified, you could have simply hit him after winning. That was totally unnecessary. And I'm sorry, I wasn't strong enough to make him back away when he kissed me, I still feel so guilty." AJ lowered his gaze, biting his lower lip.
    "You are right, I could have done it, but I was out of my mind, so I didn't care about all of that." He caressed his cheek, shaking his head. "I didn't answer you before, but I trust you, Allen. You go ahead to the doctor, I'll reach you as soon as possible. I want to do one thing, not a dangerous one though."

Grayson smiled and AJ nodded, leaving him there alone. Grayson watched his back, before heading to one of the interviewers: he wanted to let something out and challenge LA to a match the following week.

"So Grayson Waller, what do y-" The interviewer couldn't finish the sentence, as he was cut off by the young man.

"I don't have time for this. I just want to say one thing to a certain LA Knight out there." Grayson took the mic and faced the camera, his heart pumping with rage again. "LA Knight, what you did today was way over the edge of my patience. You touched and hit one of the most important people in my life and this has consequences. You and me, next week, in a weaponed steel cage match! We'll leave our friends backstage and the win can happen only via submission or pinfall."

Grayson huffed and gave the mic back to the interviewer who was shocked, but he didn't care, as he had to go back to AJ as soon as possible. His head was focused on where he had to go and when he finally got back, he got in the room, sitting next to his boyfriend and since the doctor wasn't there, he placed a kiss between his hair. AJ smiled at him, putting his head on his chest.

"You do realise that you just revealed our relationship on national television with that promo, don't you?" AJ mocked him while laughing a bit, even though it hurt.

"I was still full of rage, I didn't really think about it, but let them speak, I don't care." Grayson wanted to hug him, but he wanted to avoid causing him even more pain than he was already in.
    "Is this your personal way to tell me you couldn't wait anymore for everyone to know about it?" Damn, he loved him so much, now that they didn't need to hide it anymore, AJ felt better.

"Maybe...?" If he could be an angel right now, he would have a halo over his head.

"And here I thought it would be too early for that." AJ was happy though, it was seriously good..

"So AJ Styles, no ribs are broken, you were lucky. One is bruised though, so it'll hurt for some days. Put ice packs where it hurts and complete rest for three weeks." The doctor didn't question why they were so intimate.

"Okay doctor, thank you."

AJ had to go and speak with Vince McMahon about his absence, but he felt so happy. He surely hadn't thought for the evening to finish like that, but now he got to stay at Grayson's house without an excuse. He surely couldn't drive, nor sustain an air travel, so Grayson's house was the only suitable place. As both of them got off the examination table, AJ handed Grayson his car keys. Given the bruised rib, he couldn't do much and Grayson would happily oblige to it.

"It seems like you need to stay with me for the next three weeks." Grayson told him, as they were out of the Performance Center.
    "It's not like I mind it, you know?" Aj guided him toward his car, smiling. "I'll take this as a little vacation, which I can completely enjoy with you."

The drive to Grayson's house didn't take long and after parking the car, the owner of the house got out of it, opening the passenger door, to help AJ out. Instead, he took him bridal style.
    "A bruised rib doesn't mean I can't walk, you know that, Matt?" AJ laughed a bit, but enjoyed to be kept like that in his arms.

"Doc said you need complete rest, so I take this seriously." Grayson was probably overdoing it, but it was the least he could do. In that three weeks he would make sure that the Phenomenal felt always good, tending to all his needs. "And no appearance at my show next week. I don't want complains: you need rest and I don't want you near LA; because I'm sure he'll try to say sorry." Grayson put AJ on the couch and looked seriously at him.

"You have a weaponed steel cage match and you don't even want me backstage? That hurts, but okay I guess." AJ sighed, not happy about that, but he didn't want to argue with him anymore.

-------------------------

Fandom: RPF tv
    Personaggi: A.J. Styles, Grayson Waller, LA Knight
    Prompt: Dave Matthews Band – The Space Between | MISSIONE DI RICERCA N. 2
    Parte usata come ispirazione: But will I hold you again?
    These fickle fuddled words confuse me
    Like will it rain today?
    We waste the hours with talking, talking
    These twisted games we're playing
    Wordcount: 4191 parole
    Warnings: Unrequited love, betrayal, angst, injury

0 replies since 1/3/2022, 00:37   17 views